Home Page About Alene Speaking Info Books Monday Devotionals Popular Posts Contact Alene

Monday, September 21, 2009

Seasons Come and Go

There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven:
a time to be born and a time to die,

a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal,

a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh,

a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,

a time to embrace and a time to refrain,
a time to search and a time to give up,

a time to keep and a time to throw away,
a time to tear and a time to mend,

a time to be silent and a time to speak,
a time to love and a time to hate,

a time for war and a time for peace.

Eccleseastes3:1-8 NIV
With the official date of Fall approaching this week, I am reminded of the changes in seasons. Although the calendar may say it is Fall, down here in south Texas it will still seem like summer for weeks to come.

Such is it in life. Others may be saying it is time to dance and laugh, but yet you still need a few more weeks or months of mourning. You might be hearing from others, now is the time to get organized and get back to work, but for this season you will enjoy all your little ones running around the house.

Without question we all go through seasons of life and chances are that if you haven’t been through a specific season you can’t understand what others are going through in that season.

However, take comfort knowing if you are in a season of life you would care not to be, just as the Fall season will come and go, this season too shall pass.


4 comments:

Janice said...

Alene,
I read this at my Dad's Funeral when I spoke about my Dad to everyone. Thanks for sharing. I love this scripture.

Anonymous said...

This scripture is very special to me. I even found a sea shell with part of this scripture on it when walking on a California beach...it was a God thing and I was so amazed indeed at his signs and wonders. Brenda REvett

Anonymous said...

I love all the new devos about fall! Fall is my favorite season, and for me, it is a time of change.

I hate change in my own life, but I love the weather changing. It keeps me expectant!

Araceli said...

This year has been full of changes, and I am left with the need to do nothing...just sit still. Soon enough I will have to get up and get moving!