Home Page About Alene Speaking Info Books Monday Devotionals Popular Posts Contact Alene

Monday, September 14, 2009

Come to the Quiet

This is what the Sovereign LORD, the Holy One of Israel, says: "In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength, but you would have none of it." Isaiah 30:15


If your life is anything like mine, it's just a bit crazy. Quietness. What's that? Quiet would be a welcomed blessing. I've tried waiting for the chaos of life to cease. It doesn't.


However, I've learned that much like exercise and healthy eating, being still and quiet requires purposeful action. When you choose to be quiet and rest in God, you are able to find the strength and confidence found only in His presence,


Today, make the choice to be quiet. Focus on one word, scripture or name of God that stills your heart. Listen for His still, small voice. Come to the quiet. God awaits your invitation. He will join you.


5 comments:

Wendy said...

So true, we get so caught up in life and all the noise around us we totally miss God's still small voice then wonder why He doesn't "speak" to us.. Thanks

Laura said...

Thanks girl. I needed this today. You are an inspiration.

Amanda said...

So true, but at the conference this weekend I can sit back and refresh for all the things that are yet to come.

Janice said...

God has given me this scripture several times. I actually have a wall print hanging in by bathroom with this scripture on it. So I look at it everyday.

TanyaLea said...

AMEN! I can hear Him calling!! <><