Home Page About Alene Speaking Info Books Monday Devotionals Popular Posts Contact Alene

Monday, September 28, 2009

Moving Forward

“Obey me, and I will be your God, and you will be my people. Do everything as I say, and all will be well!” Jeremiah 7:23 NLT

Welcome to all our new subscribers from Beyond Me Devotionals. It was a joy to worship and learn with you this weekend at the Living the Life Women’s Conference.

Can you remember the last time you read your Bible and you knew God was calling you to a new way of living? I had such an encounter this weekend. I made a commitment. Yes, Lord I’m going to obey You! I will follow You and Your words of direction. I will do what You say.

As I return to my “normal” routine and schedule – I have to admit it is hard. Breaking old habits and setting new routines stretches me out of my comfort zone. Verse 24 of Jeremiah 7 says, “But my people would not listen to me. They kept doing whatever they wanted, following the stubborn desires of their evil hearts. They went back instead of forward.”

Can you say are you listening? Are you following? Are you stretching to move forward? Are you obeying the call when God nudged you?

Lord, let us be diligent in obeying Your still small voice when we hear it. Give us Your boldness and courage to follow through. Give us the vision to more forward, putting the past behind us. Amen.

Join me October 6th, Tuesday, 9:45-11:45am at Bay Area Fellowship for Bible study. We will begin the six-week study "I'm a Fixer-Upper - A Day-by-Day Remodeling Guide" to help us remodel those old habits. Cost for the semester is $25. Child care is provided. Email Alene here for more information.

1 comments:

Karen said...

As of late,I have not been listening to you God. Please forgive me and help me to be a more faithful servant.