Home Page About Alene Speaking Info Books Monday Devotionals Popular Posts Contact Alene

Monday, October 25, 2010

What is Truth?

“…I am the way, the truth, and the life….” John 14:6 NIV

How can you know the truth?

One of the saddest passages in scripture comes from the words of Pontius Pilate when he was “judging” Jesus. Jesus says to Pilate, “…everyone on the side of truth listens to me.” (John 18:37,38) Pilate then answers, “What is truth?”

Imagine not knowing any truth. Imagine an entire lifetime filled with such total falsehood and fake, superficial “sugar coating” on a daily basis to such a degree that you have to ask “what is truth.”

It’s as if his “truth” was only a fantasy and reality was distrust, lies, ulterior motives, and opportunistic personal gain all at the expense of others. It has been over two thousand years since the days of Pontius Pilate. However, an old adage is, the more things change, the more they stay the same. Do you know “truth?”

God tells us how we can. Psalm 86:11, “teach me your way, oh Lord, and I will walk in your truth. Give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name.”

Today, God is making me aware that my heart is divided. Perhaps…just perhaps…I am not alone. May we all commit to giving the Lord an undivided heart, ask Him to teach us His way, and then walk in HIS truth.Yes, Lord, we long for truth! We long for YOU!

Thank you to our guest contributor Jonathan Ibarra. You may email him here.

0 comments: