Home Page About Alene Speaking Info Books Monday Devotionals Popular Posts Contact Alene

Monday, June 28, 2010

Surrender in Praise


Lift up holy hands in prayer, and praise the Lord. Psalm 134:2 NIV


Upon returning from camp my daughter was sharing all the details of the week. She mentioned she was blown away by the evening worship gatherings. She said everyone was singing their hearts out, hands raised to God, and everyone was totally in to praising God. Oh how I wish I could have been there!

I know we can praise God anywhere, anytime, and anyway we prefer. We can praise Him standing, sitting, laying down, eyes open, eyes closed, hands clasped together or hands raised. The list goes on and on, as God beckons our praise 24/7.

Maybe why my daughter was touched by all the hands raised and why I am moved when I see people worship in that position is that it symbolizes a surrendered heart. One that says, Yes, Lord it’s all about You. I give up. I give myself to You. Here I am.

Today, think about your favorite way to worship the Lord. My friend, throw your hands up or kneel in prayer, but how ever you prefer surrender to God and praise Him today.


1 comments:

Janice said...

Thanks again for this devotional. This is so very true. God Bless you.
Janice