Home Page About Alene Speaking Info Books Monday Devotionals Popular Posts Contact Alene

Monday, May 4, 2009

Prepare for Rain

He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground. Isaiah 30:23

I had an opportunity to see the movie “Facing the Giants” again and I took it. I’ve seen that movie at least four times and it's still awesome.

There are great lessons in the movie. Last night what gripped me was when a friend of the coach tells this parable. “There were two farmers who needed rain for their crops. They both prayed to God asking for rain. One farmer went on to prepare his fields for rain, the other one just sat and waited.” (my paraphrase)

Then the friend asks the coach, “Which farmer do you think exhibited more faith and was ready for the rain?”

Do you have big dreams? Are you praying for job opportunities, balanced finances, a healthy body, or great marriage?

It's time to take a step of faith, sow the seed and prepare for rain.

I am.

Will you?

2 comments:

Deb Banks said...

God's timing totally amazes me everytime. I so needed to hear this today. I haven't been preparing rain. Thank you Alene for your blogs.

Araceli said...

Kicking and screaming. Kicking and screaming. But I must prepare.
Thanks.