Home Page About Alene Speaking Info Books Monday Devotionals Popular Posts Contact Alene

Monday, August 9, 2010

Victory

O Lord, oppose those who oppose me. Fight those who fight against me. Put on Your armor, and take up Your shield. Prepare for battle, and come to my aid. Lift up your spear and javelin against those who pursue me. Let me hear you say, “I will give you victory!” Psalm 35:1-3 NLT

Have you ever been accused of something you didn’t do? Are others continually making your life miserable?

To some degree, I think we’ve all been there at one time. I am continually encouraged as I read through the Psalms, which are mostly written by King David, to hear that God is fighting for me. King David we know was a man after God’s own heart, but yet he was so “real.” He called it how it was. He shared his “real” feelings with God, asked God to come to his aid, and at other times asked God to change his own heart. (Psalm 51)

If you’re struggling today, get out your journal or a piece of paper and write out your own Psalm, your feelings, as a prayer to God. He knows your heart and feelings already. He is just waiting for you to give them to Him. Just as David pleaded, ask God to come and fight for you.

May you hear the Lord say, “I will give you victory!”

0 comments: