Home Page About Alene Speaking Info Books Monday Devotionals Popular Posts Contact Alene

Monday, July 26, 2010

What Kind of Friend are You?

Many will say they are loyal friends, but who can find one who is truly reliable? Proverbs 20:6

There is no doubt, friends are important in your life. They either lift you up, or pull you down. Chances are you’ve probably long since let friends go that discourage you. There is enough negativity to deal with without their help.

However, encouraging friends are a joy to have and be around. They always have an uplifting word when you are down. They have a way of cheering you on through the struggles of life.

But think for a minute -- an encouraging friend may not be loyal. A loyal friend has your back at all times. They look out for you. They are friend enough to speak the hard truth when you need to hear it. They will risk your friendship for the sake of looking out for you. Listen to them, they speak the truth in love and only want what's best for you.

How many loyal friends surround you?

But maybe today, you should ask yourself if you are a reliable, loyal friend?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Friends are important and special especially in a single mom's world. I have always had tons of friends, but only a handful of close loyal friends. I have always shared with my daughters if you tell a friend you can help - do it, if you say "You mean it" - mean it, if you say "I'll be there for you" - be there, and always tell them sincerely how you feel about whatever issue is at hand. I thank God for allowing me to be a loyal friend and for the courage to honestly tell a friend "No" if I can't.

Karen said...

I am a loyal friend ! Thank you for that scripture. I had not read that one before but here it is blessing me today :) I do wish they could understand as well as you,that it is done out of love.....same love and concern that we exhibit to our family. MY friends...I love you!