Home Page About Alene Speaking Info Books Monday Devotionals Popular Posts Contact Alene

Monday, April 13, 2009

Waiting in Expectation

In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation. Psalm 5:3


Are you waiting in expectation?

I have to admit - this week I am. It’s a busy week leading up to an incredible retreat experience this weekend. I’m waiting in anticipation to see what God will do. I feel like a little school girl who knows there is a surprise just a few days away.

But a question keeps rolling through my head. Why do I not wake up every morning in anticipation of what God will do? Why do I not go through my day moment-by-moment waiting for God surprises?

God didn't and still doesn’t only perform miracles on big occasions – no, He blesses even in the most ordinary of ways in the most ordinary of circumstances. He is a God who wants to bless your socks off.

Today, I’m waiting in expectation.

Are you?

2 comments:

Laura Harris said...

This is a great reminder - I need to be in awe of God always. He has sent me this message more than once this week. Great devotional.

Amanda said...

Always!!What is next for me?